Sunday, May 10, 2015

The view from the corner office is poopy. Seriously.
Mostly because their is no view. I spend so much time sifting through the poop of it all that there is no view.

At times I'd love to scream to my employees "WHAT ABOUT ME AND MY LIFE!!! I have issues and baggage and problems. I have to deal with them just like you do. But I also have to carry some of your baggage and problems!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Now don't get me wrong, I am all for taking care of your shit and bettering your self. But really, can't people better themselves while keeping their work shit together?

And then it hit me.....the employees are like my children. So very wrapped up in their own little lives that they cannot see beyond that.
My kids can't see (nor do they care) that I just had a hellish day. That I'm carrying the load of a company with the financial stresses. They just care that the other one just stuck his tongue out.
So my employees are't worried about the mismanagement of funds which has caused us to pull from the line of credit that we just paid down. They don't care that payroll is $18k every two weeks and that we still need to add more team members. They don't care.
But unlike my children, it isn't that they don't care...it's that they don't know. And the reality is that if I am doing my job, they don't need to know. It shouldn't enter their minds because I make it look easy.
To that, I say "Oh shit."

No comments:

Post a Comment